[Year 12 IPM] Database software for 2007

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 09:01:05 EST 2006

Sorry to touch base with this old thread again Michael .. We had a go at
using BASE and I will admit to not spotting any problems. Perhaps you were
using an older beta copy or release candidate? I rather liked its SQL
integration with the other applications so that a mail merge can be directly
assembled by dragging and dropping fields from the database.

It was good to be able to give away the software for students to use at home
and I was suprised how many of my old Access notes could be recycled. Some
Melbourne authors are working on some BASE tutorials and worksheets.

I guess it isnt so much a race to try and pick the 'winning' horse but
finding one that best meets our local needs and gets our students over the
line.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au