[Year 12 IPM] Security Cameras in Computer Labs/Pods

Robyn Dunn robyn at camhigh.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 18 14:46:06 EST 2006

we used a company called Camvex. You need permission from DE&T before you put in cameras and you need signs up warning of video surveillance. We didn't have any trouble with civil libertarians, they're been good, we have identified kids who wreck computers as well we have been able to locate stolen property and the perpertraitors as well.

Ms Robyn Dunn
ICT Co-Ordinator
Camberwell High School
email: du at camhigh.vic.edu.au
phone: 98360555
fax: 98360194
Please consider carefully before printing this email.

>>> Attard, Martin P<attard.martin.p at edumail.vic.gov.au> 18/10/2006 12:04:06 pm >>>
Hi Everyone. I'm after some information on Security Cameras in computer labs/pods.

Does your school/college have security cameras in these areas?

If so, what were some of the issues you came up against from civil libertarians at school?

Do you have a school policy about this issue and if so could you please email me a copy of that policy?

 How did the other teachers react to this issue?

Who installed the cameras?

Would you recommend this company?

Big thank you, now I’m going to that big BBQ the year 12’s have organised. Thanks again Martin

Mr. Martin Attard
Kurunjang Secondary College
email:  attard.martin.p at edumail.vic.gov.au <mailto:attard.martin.p at edumail.vic.gov.au>