[Year 12 IPM] Formats & Conventions

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Mon Oct 16 17:32:16 EST 2006

...and then there's the interpretation that 'optional' means there is a
choice of two (or perhaps more) conventions; eg money is conventionally
represented as either whole dollars or with two decimal places, it's your
choice but consistent application of the chosen convention is expected
within a document.

Also, to add to Mark well explained distinction between formats and
conventions, don't forget that formats themselves can be subject to
convention; eg layout of a business letter.

Regards
Robert T-A