[Year 12 IPM] VITTA exams 2004

Mark Scott msc at staff.luther.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 13 07:25:35 EST 2006

Sam

I like the occasional ambiguous question.

I have the students sit an exam (under exam conditions) and then in the
next double lesson they spend the first lesson in groups comparing
answers and self-correcting their exams. The second lesson we compare
answers as a class (me with the solutions). The ambiguous questions are
often the most useful in helping the students actually think about what
is being asked and how they will structure their answers.

Mark Scott
Luther College

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move
with it, and join the dance." Alan Watts