[Year 12 IPM] VB6 problem

Charmaine Taylor tigeroz at alphalink.com.au
Thu Oct 12 21:55:48 EST 2006

Hi All,
Wonder if anyone out there has an idea how to fix this problem.
A student wrote a program like pong. Main commands (Play, Quit) are in
the menu bar.
The arrow keys control movement of the paddle and a timer controls the ball.
The game was working well yesterday.
And today, the student swears she didn't change the code (!?) but the
program won't work
We have this problem:

When the program loads, the mouse is disabled. The menu commands are
enabled and the
Windows boxes (minimise, restore, close) are enabled but the mouse has
no effect.
We can't press Play, can't click close.
The arrow keys work ie they move the paddle.

I'm stumped. Can anyone offer any ideas I can try?

> Charmaine Taylor

Sunbury Downs College