[Year 12 IPM] Database software for 2007

Sylvia Pastore pastosy at mowbray.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 12 19:40:00 EST 2006

i am teaching databases for the first time for my year 11 class as was
wonering if anyone has any tasks that can assist with teaching them
the skills. thanks
--
Sylvia Pastore
Daily Organiser

Quoting "Potter, Stuart J" <potter.stuart.j at edumail.vic.gov.au>:

> Donald High School will be using Filemaker Pro, for two of the
> reasons listed.
>
> - It's easy to learn and easy to use. (good for the students and me too)
> - The school has a fully licenced copy of Filemaker Pro 8.0 (which
> is a recent version). We used to do our reports on it.
>
> Incidentally we're also a Macintosh school (45 desktops and a couple
>  of laptops) shared by 165-170 students....although we do have one
> lab of Macs (20) with Intel chips meaning we can use Windows as well.
>
> Incidentally what programming / scripting  languages are being
> planned by teachers? Having done very little programming, I'm
> vacillating between Visual Basic (seems to be a few support
> materials around) and Javascript or HTML programming (obviously ties
>  in well with web design and doesn't need any extra software apart
> from the source code.)
>
> Cheers
>
> Stuart Potter
> IT co-ordinator
> Donald High School

This email and any files transmitted with it are privileged and
confidential, and are intended only for the use of the intended
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for
delivering this email to the intended recipient, any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email and any
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email
in error please delete it immediately from your computer.