[Year 12 IPM] Marbook for Mac

kgration at myrtlefordsc.vic.edu.au kgration at myrtlefordsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 29 11:44:35 EST 2006

David,

I went along to the Quick Vic Training day for teachers yesterday equipped with my trusty 1.33 MHz G4 iBook running Virtual PC 7.1 and Windows XP.

As you may know Quick Vic is basically a cut down version of MarkBook and it generally ran OK on the MAC using the PC emulator unless that is you try to use it for any of the central admin type work. Processor intensive tasks such as compiling take literally minutes rather than seconds as they do on a PC.

The next batch of MAC teacher laptops will have Intel processors that run Windows natively (using BootCamp or Parallels) and will be on par (or speculatively faster) at running any PC programs (including MarkBook) as any PC laptop would be.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kim

---