[Year 12 IPM] music copyright

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Nov 15 01:17:07 EST 2006

Hi Roland and all,

The Senate "Copyright Amendment Bill 2006 [Provisions]" released today:

<http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/committee/legcon_ctte/copyright06/report/rep
ort.pdf>

Apparently Internet proxy caching wil be permitted "for efficiency
purposes" only, so school proxy caches established for access control
purposes will need to be dismantled. It's possible, with the strict
liability clauses, the head of school may be liable. Also, check out
Para 3.55 regarding the use of iTunes and the iPod.

Don't keep quiet about this Roland, unfortunately it seems these
amendments *are* less than ideal, and we'll need you to lead the marching
with your saxaphone :-)