[Year 12 IPM] Ethical issues.

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu May 25 14:00:58 EST 2006

Yeah.  The ethical ones are hard to come by.  How about...

You are interviewing potential database managers for your business.  One
candidate says she was recently sacked by your most fierce business
rival.  If you hire her - with a LARGE pay rise - she would give you
details of the rival's customer base, their operations, their financial
status, information on tenders they are preparing.

In short, you could nearly undercut, outbid and poach customers from
your rival.  You could potentially destroy your rival by using this
information.

Do you hire the candidate?

Fitzpatrick, Michael wrote:
> Try pages 251 and 256 of the year 11 book “VCE IT by Potts et al” from
> Thomson Nelson Australia

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000  <<< NEW NUMBER
School Fax +613 95789253

IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.