[Year 12 IPM] off-topic request: laptop usage policy

Rattan, Kushum L rattan.kushum.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue May 16 21:23:49 EST 2006

We at GSC have the Computer and Internet Policy in the school planner
which all students are required to bring to every class. There is an
agreement section which the student and their parent/guardian have to
sign. Once the signatures are completed the students' planner is stamped
using a rubber stamp making the student a licensed network user. We
allow a week at the start of the unit for everyone to get their Internet
stamp organised and after that we have a policy of "no planner-no
stamp-no network use".  This policy has worked very well for us although
it took us sometime to get the students trained.  We have managed to
kill two birds with one stone.

Kushum Rattan

Information Technology Co-ordinator

Gisborne Secondary College