[Year 12 IPM] off-topic request: laptop usage policy

Neil Carmona-Vickery ncv at mac.com
Tue May 16 14:38:03 EST 2006

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for this off-topic request.

I'm helping put together a 1:1 Laptop Learning Programme for Year 9
students here at Ringwood SC.
At present we have a Network Usage Policy that covers such things as
obscene material and cyberbullying. Unfortunately much of the guts of
the policy is buried in policy speak
and doesn't translate well to student language.

My question is, what other approaches have other schools used to a)
prevent the circulation of obscene material
on student laptops and b) clearly outline the consequences for going
against school policy ?

Thanks in advance,

Neil