[Year 12 IPM] Unit 1/2 2007+ Programming/Scripting

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 20:55:31 EST 2006

We are lucky to have so much variety and good options to pick and choose
from. :-)

I will be using Gamemaker, an engaging bit of software that will
sufficiently challenge the imagination and programming skills of my year
11's with Ooodles of resources and a good support network of teachers .
Gamemaker has a sound pedagogical base as a teaching tool by the Netherlands
author <http://www.cs.uu.nl/%7Emarkov/>. My students can take it home on a
USB key. :-)

I have seen some cool examples floating about where it was used to program a
small database, lunar lander, food web, typing tutor and even a small
climate simulator. Recently my students made small programs to simulate
doctors running around Africa .. ala Medecins Sans
Frontieres<http://www.msf.org>.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au