[Year 12 IPM] Unit 1/2 2007+ Programming/Scripting (MSDNAA)

Alex Hopkins a.hopkins at bcc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jun 1 09:32:52 EST 2006

Sorry for the late response.  Have only just seen the message:

Frank wrote:

> ....intrigued by this, but came across the following... "The MSDN Academic
> Alliance High School Membership is currently available only to accredited
> high schools in the United States and Canada." How did you get around
> that?

It's quite simple.  That information is inaccurate.  There was no difficulty
at all, it wasn't a case of 'getting around' it or having to twist someone's
arm.  When I looked into it I did see information about the Academic
Alliance that was USA-centric or gave the impression that it was available
only for tertiary institutions.  My impression is that what started with a
small range has been expanded.  I heard of the possibility of purchasing
software through the MSDNAA either at a VITTA conference or at a Microsoft
"Roadshow", or possibly both. At any rate, it is available to Australian
schools, including ones like my own that aren't in the government sector.

-Alex Hopkins