[Year 12 IPM] Gantt chart software

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 17:34:48 EST 2006

It has been a pain to organise my IPM students to schedule events down to 40
min blocks although sometimes this seems to be span of their attention and
stamina (sigh) .. I get them to simulate this by approximating one period
for one day. Seems to do the trick as the outcome only runs for a handful of
periods and I haven't asked them to consider money or allocating resources
(gulp .. have I missed someing and should be doing this?)

A colleague who works for an auditing company and uses this software doesn't
bother with partial date entries indicating that there wasn't much point in
micromanagement at this level. He loved the "Helicopter view" image that
Keith Richardson once provided .. a position where a user might lean back
with their arms outstretched to gain a perspective and feel for an entire
project.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au