[Year 12 IPM] Who will still be here in ten years time?

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jan 18 19:25:42 EST 2006

Hello Mark and others

> Is Janelle possibly the first of the Baby Boomers that are to leave the IT
teaching profession over the next 10 years? The industry and the IT teaching
community is set to change dramatically as the many 50+ year olds follow
Janelle into semi of full retirement?
> I turned 50 last year and have found myself actually thinking I should
plan for retirement.
> How many are prepared to own up to being the wrong side of 50?

I too tipped over the other side of 50 last year and for the first time
since I came into teaching I won't be teaching mainstream IT this year. I
have to say, though, that I'm not too disappointed - at heart I'm a computer
science type and all this froth and bubble applications stuff has worn a bit
thin!

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC