[Year 12 IPM] Some IPM resources

Sam Denniston samdenniston at iprimus.com.au
Tue Jan 17 11:59:56 EST 2006

Hello all:

If anyone out there uses a Mac, uses Keynote 2 and teaches IPM, then
I have a whole lot of presentations in each of the knowledge areas
for IPM.

For each of the knowledge areas I have prepared both a slide
presentation and 'skeleton' slides. I print then hand out the
skeleton slides to the students at the beginning of the presentation
(skeleton slides are basically a copy of the presentation slides but
with the important keywords and concepts missing). The idea is that
they must listen to the presentation and fill in the missing parts.
Much more effective than just getting them to watch the presentation
and take their own notes! When they write it down they are forced to
think about it and if they don't understand then they ask questions.

Please note that these presentations won't work in Powerpoint as it
can't handle the slide transitions and slide builds that Keynote uses
(even exporting the files to Powerpoint format from within Keynote
really messes them up).

Contact me and I'll send them through.

They are based heavily on IT at Work and the Macquarie Study Guide for
IPM which are both  comprehensive and very readable.

Cheers, Sam