[Year 12 IPM] (no subject)

Bill Turner turner.william.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Dec 19 14:26:57 EST 2006

Hi Mark,=0D=

=0D=

Thanks for your huge contributions to this list and your great site for
student help in IPM/ITA.=0D=

=0D=

I think the QATS reference in the mail to Daniel should be
http://warringalpublications.com.au/teacher_vce_qats.jsp=0D=

=0D=

I will be ordering them!=0D=

=0D=

Regards,=0D=

=0D=

Bill=0D=

 =0D=

-------Original Message-------=0D=

 =0D=

From: Mark Kelly=0D=

Date: 12/19/06 14:18:53=0D=

To: Year 12 Information Technology Processing and Management Teachers'
Mailing List=0D=

Subject: Re: [Year 12 IPM] (no subject)=0D=

 =0D=

 =0D=

McElholum, Daniel E wrote:=0D=

 =0D=

> I have looked at the course design but it is too vague to be of much use.=
=0D=

 =0D=

<snip>=0D=

 =0D=

> What exactly am I supposed to teach - what are the students supposed to=
=0D=

> be able to do at the end of the course.=0D=

 =0D=

Refer again to the study design and look for the KEY KNOWLEDGE and KEY=0D=

SKILLS.  That is exactly what they are supposed to know and do.  You=0D=

can't dismiss the study design - it is the core of what you will be=0D=

doing in IT in 2007.=0D=

 =0D=

> What software do they use - words like "software tools" do not seem=0D=

> enough for my level of ignorance.=0D=

 =0D=

You choose an appropriate tool - the course offers a degree of local=0D=

choice, within limits.=0D=

 =0D=

>=0D=

> Help!=0D=

>=0D=

> Dan=0D=

>=0D=

 =0D=

OK Dan... places to look.=0D=

 =0D=

First, the study design (again!)=0D=

Then the VCAA assessment guide.=0D=

Then the VCAA implementation CD.=0D=

 =0D=

(These are the only _official) sources of information)=0D=

 =0D=

- Then go to the textbook.=0D=

- Then the IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com=0D=

- VITTA resource CD (when it comes out)=0D=

- This list=0D=

- QATS (http://warringalpublications.com.au/teacher_hsc_qats.jsp) -=0D=

disclaimer: I wrote the 2007 ITA QATS.)=0D=

 =0D=

That should be enough to keep you busy for a few days  :-)=0D=

 =0D=

And welcome to the thrill of VCE IT.=0D=

 =0D=

--=0D=

Mark Kelly=0D=

Manager - Information Systems=0D=

McKinnon Secondary College=0D=

McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia=0D=

Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085=0D=

School Phone +613 8520 9000  <<< NEW NUMBER=0D=

School Fax +613 95789253=0D=

 =0D=

Webmaster - http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au=0D=

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com=0D=

Moderator: IPM Mailing List=0D=

 =0D=

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary=0D=

and those who don't.=0D=

 =0D=

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au - Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
and=0D=

http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers
Association Inc=0D=

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education.