[Year 12 IPM] Course Outlines Years 8 - 10

Edwards, Russell T Edwards.Russell.T at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Dec 13 22:50:41 EST 2006

>Hi Ian - I did a fundamental re-design a year or so ago (Yrs 8-10), and
>am happy with how it has been going.
>Happy to share with you if you wish.
>Regards, Keith

Keith, I for one would love to see that. It seems that the basic and advance=
d IT yr 9/10 classes at my school need a facelift as the teacher I'm replaci=
ng doesn't think the old ones worth retaining. From my point of view they're=
 too boring (all the kids are doing multimedia instead) and also  I'm told b=
y a few people, probably too dumbed-down relative to the VELS for 9/10.

I had thought to do a little bit of revision and extension of basic Word/Pub=
lisher/Excel stuff (which is how the subjects were advertised), then move to=
 some more stimulating material, e.g. blogs, wikis, skype, forums and for th=
e advanced kids, GameMaker.

I'd love to hear what others are doing. Perhaps this should continue on the=
 7-10 edulist.

Russell

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education & Training.