[Year 12 IPM] Got the VCAA CD - Totally UNDERwhelmed !

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Dec 12 23:07:51 EST 2006

Tried to get to grips with the study design via the support CD..
Feels like the study design has been DISintegrated rather than integrated -
so many bits & pieces !!!
Lack of clarity re. status of the material - could  have colour coded the
pages that were official instruction (e.g. study design vs. mere advice)
No provision of full text of assessment advice doc (or have I mislaid it
amongst the large number of fragments ?)
No commitment to do any integrating maintenance on the design, just the
usual - visit our site and sort integrate the other fragments we throw at
you by yourself..
I haven't taught VCE IT for a few years now and realise why I was so
relieved to stop - feels like curriculum designed by lawyers !!

Attempted to put some site map to the CD to get a handle on it so that I can
extract some benefit - download if you feel like it at

http://infonet.cheltsec.vic.edu.au/file.php/1/Implementing-VCE-IT-2007-2010.
zip  (less than 2 Mb on a CD ?? Why on earth bother !!!! )

I will continue to add a site map and try to add the missing docs... suppose
we just have to do the work ourselves.
That's what you get if you let architects loose on a building site !!!

Too late... getting too annoyed... Must be rebound from having printed those
1300 reports !!!
Good night and god bless...

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto:admin at cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au
<http://www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au/>  Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617

Children, just as they have no control over other parts, so have no control,
at first, over the tongue.
Aristotle, History of Animals, Bk. 4, 536b

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education & Training.