[Year 12 IPM] OT - Suitable Salary Level for Computer Technician?

Michael Walker wk at cgsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Dec 8 12:21:49 EST 2006

>>> Keith Richardson<keithcr at fastmail.fm> 12/07/06 08:17pm >>>
>Please excuse cross-posts.

>We are exploring opening a new position to cope with the increase in work that has been creeping up on us over the past few years. What we are considering is a Computer Technician position. However, I have no clear idea of what salary other schools are paying, and would appreciate your help.
>What annual salary is currently being paid to computer technicians in schools?

For a comparison to the government sector, you can look at the terms and conditions in the School Services Officer Handbook publically available at:

http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/hrweb/Pdfs/SSOhbk.pdf

The relevant part is Appendix B which outlines the tasks and responsibilities at each level generally for SSOs (not just IT) along with a table at the end with pay scales.

HTH,

Michael Walker
Canterbury Girls Secondary College IT SSO.