[Year 12 IPM] Contributors invited to attach photo toassistinputting faces to names.

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 23:45:59 EST 2006

We are using the SMS module that comes with FirstClass A+, the timetable and
attendance software  by Human Edge software (a local vic company) but by all
means, shop around for features and prices.

Not every absence gets an e-mail, at this point we just target it for
students who are on a behaviour contract that is negotiated with the
parents. Office staff are still keen to first eyeball the SMS messages that
are scheduled for release in case there are any obvious errors such as
excursions or incursions that were not correctly entered.

We all learned heaps about data validation and improved proceedural rigour.
It has been an interesting and sensible requirement for secondary students
to telephone us with an absence or late entry in advance instead of bringing
us a note the following day.

Regards Roland