[Year 12 IPM] thank you linesman, thank you ball boys ...

Travers, Graham J travers.graham.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Dec 7 08:03:08 EST 2006

(Apology for the cross post)

G'day all
Well, after 31 years at the chalk face I'm hanging up the duster. (Begs the=
 question: What do you hang up after using an EWB?)
I've actually done the 54/11 thing.
I plan to focus my energy on swimming, surfing, tennis and golf. I may even=
 join the Torquay WFC (Whack, F*#% Club!)
I won't miss discussion about VELS, Moodle Moots, Virtual Teams, SD, ITApps=
 etc. etc
I will miss the people, although I'm happy to offer my services to VITTA for=
 PD purposes, and may catch up with some of you.
I'll continue to preach the php/MySQL 'mantra'.
I'm hoping to put together a piece for Infonet - 31 years of teaching IT.
It's been quite a journey, and seems like only yesterday that I was pushing=
 chads out of computer cards with a  paper clip (circa 1974)

Thanks to all who have contributed to the lists. Thanks in particular to Ker=
vork and David Dawson.

Graham Travers
Oberon HS (formerly)

PS my php/MySQL demo site is stll running at http://www.grahamtravers.com/Jo=
kes/web_page_with_joke2.php <https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/exchweb/bin/redi=
r.asp?URL=3Dhttp://www.grahamtravers.com/Jokes/web_page_with_joke2.php>
PPS I'm hoping to pick up some beer money doing a few sites.
I'm 'playing around' with one that has a translation feature (click on the G=
erman or Italian flags) http://www.coastalaccommodation.info <https://www.ed=
umail.vic.gov.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=3Dhttp://www.coastalaccommodation=
.info>

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education & Training.