[Year 12 IPM] Macs

Russell Curr RUSSELL at avila.vic.edu.au
Wed Dec 6 13:01:50 EST 2006

We have started to look at Macs for staff and students.  Currently have a Mac laptop running Bootcamp and one running Parallels.  Have found the latest Parallels has problems on the very latest Macs with USB devices, so we are staying with Bootcamp/XP - it seems to work OK.  VMware are claiming they will have a Mac product out some time soon.....

Please feel free to contact off-list if you wish to discuss in more detail.

Russell Curr
Network Manager
Avila College
Ph: 9831-9645
Fax: 03-9888-1202
email: russell at avila.vic.edu.au

>>> bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au 12/06/06 12:12 pm >>>
Likewise. I'm not too chicken - hell I'm running Linux full time, but I
am sorely tempted to look at the budget to purchase a macbook for some
rigorous testing before recommending to staff that they roll over to
Macs in the next rollover and *possibly* get the best of all three
worlds on the one machine. The idea of being able to access software
from Linux, Mac and even Win on the one machine is a no-brainer at the
moment.
I'm bound to get some grief from our Nuclear Physics teacher, the VET
Pilot trainer and First Aider, but what the heck..

Andrew Sutton wrote:
> Yeah but no but
> Anyway the most important thing you should do to toughen up you macbook is
> install the Macsabre application so you can wave your new computer around
> and have it sound like a lightsabre.
>
> The other thing, is there anyone out there running Parallels or boot camp
> with XP on a school windows network?  I'm temped to try but I'm too chicken
> at the moment.
>
> Andrew Sutton
> IT / SOSE Teacher
> St Arnaud Secondary College

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education & Training.