[Year 12 IPM] usb memory sticks

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Dec 5 12:20:34 EST 2006

I first booklisted USB drives in 2004 (when 128MB and $70 or so!) We got rid=
 of all CD and floppy drives out of school computers (except the 'teacher's'=
 computer at the front of each room)
At Bentleigh I found the biggest problem was students forgetting to remove t=
hem at the end of the lesson, and of course by the time they realised it wou=
ld have disappeared into thin air! Eventually I just added "remove usb bars"=
 to the end of lesson instructions - "Pick up the paper on the floor, push y=
our chairs in" etc

Students must have some way of providing portablitlity for their digital wor=
k, not all have access to emwil which can accept larger files at home, and U=
SB sticks are perfect.

Any misuse should just be treated like any other infraction of school rules.

Cheers

Ros Meadows
<mailto:meadowsro at lauriston.vic.edu.au>
meadows.roslyn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, includin=
g the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
Doug Larson