[Year 12 IPM] usb memory sticks

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 18:34:39 EST 2006

hehehe Thanks Margaret ..

Our tech took a different tactic. He did some detective work to identify the
culprits, quietly talked to some students to figure out their motivation,
added some new software items into the base computer image, gave me a list
of classes that could better supervise their students, stuck up some notes
to promote the Friday 'computer games' club and organised some new funny
ones by students to minimise vandalism. Any 'soft-damage' to an operating
system with unauthorised 'enhancements' is quickly removed when we reimage
any computer room. As he explained .. it takes him longer to eat his lunch.

I was impressed how he understood the importance for students to have a
sense of ownership of the college network ... that we are all working
together to serve their needs instead of continually struggling with new
rules and security hacks so that we can better shackle them to a crippled
desktop.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au