[Year 12 IPM] OT: Markbook Co-ordinator

fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au
Wed Apr 19 10:02:30 EST 2006

Hi Leslie

I am the markbook co-ordinator as well as the L.T Co-ord.  I receive a special payment for my work but my school is very small.  Some of the govt schools employ sso's to complete much of the data input.

Unless you are going to limit the individual templates for the subjects this can be very time consuming.  the new reporting requirements may make it easier - if you limit the reports to solely the required information.

Due to our size our management is quite happy for the subjects to have some variation regarding assessment items, descriptors etc and the teachers can change these from year to year.  This makes it mess from my point of view.  We may have very small classes but we still have over 80 subject templates although, obviously, not all subjects run at the same time.

As it is your first semester and this is the most time consuming part of using markbook make sure they either - give you masses of time release or a whopping big additional payment.  I am not sure how others went during the original set up but I got 1 term to do everything and ended up working evenings, weekends etc for 6 weeks straight - I still had a full teaching load and my other LT duties.  I was (and still am) the only person in the school with the I.T skills to do the work so there was no other options.

Persevere with everything because once it is up and running it is a great package.  The teachers, in particular, find it really easy to use.  The co-ordinators are those greying or balding souls that walk around talking to themselves (sorry to anyone that this description does not apply to!!)

Fiona Bain
Balmoral High School
Lesley Humphries <humples at santamaria.vic.edu.au> on Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:24:08 +1000 wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> Our school has just purchased Markbook, and I have been appointed Markbook Co-ordinator. We haven't had computerised reporting before. I just wondered if anyone could let me know how the co-ordination of this is done in other schools. Is it a separate POL with time release, is it a part of the Learning Technologies Co-ordinator's role, etc?
>
> Any advice gratefully accepted.
>
> Thanks, Lesley
> Ms Lesley Humphries
> Learning Technologies Co-ordinator