[Year 12 IPM] Computer Systems Excursion

jtabone at aitkencollege.edu.au jtabone at aitkencollege.edu.au
Fri Apr 7 16:48:31 EST 2006

Hi all

Thought you might be interested in this excursion/activity.

Today my Year 11 IT class attended a free hands-on workshop at
Latrobe University on Computer Systems.   My students were totally
engaged in this workshop.  Part one consisted of looking at the
various components and how they have changed/emerged over the years.
The second half of the session was hands-on whereby students were
given the opportunity to strip down a system unit (including power
supply, motherboard, various cards, memory etc) and then rebuild the
unit.

The sessions are free, and run by School of Engineering and
Mathematical Sceiences, Department of Computer Science. Sarah Pulis
is the contact person, her email: sarah.pulis at latrobe.edu.au

You might be interested as it complements Unit One Outcome 2
beautifully.

Cheers

Joyce Tabone
Aitken College
1010 Mickleham Road
Greenvale  3059

Privileged or Confidential information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
delivery of this message to such person), you may not copy or forward this
message to anyone. In such case destroy this message and please notify the
sender by email, or call Craig Brooks (LAN Administrator) at Aitken College
on (+61 3) 9333 1866. Thank-you