[Year 12 IPM] Integrating IT across the curriculum under VELS

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 27 20:17:56 EST 2005

How do 'we' get the correct message across offically to the school
principals, curriculum coordinators and other decision makers, or is it
too late to slam the stable door. Pauline????
Keith

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:07:12 +1000, "Roland Gesthuizen"
<rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au> said:
> Meadows, Roslyn M wrote:
>
> > Well it is happening - quote from our principal -
> >
> >         "under VELs it would be anticipated that IT would be
> >         integrated into the curriculum."
> >
> > HELP me - I am drowning!
>
> I am fascinated how many people have missread the new standards. Paula
> has given some spendid presenations at the ICTEV conference and VITTA
> workshops. I am growing weary of explaining to others that that
> *integrated *does not equal *interdisciplinary*. Even a google search
> will show that the VCAA have been using the latter term.
>
>     *Integrated:    * to make part of a larger unit. :-(
> *    Interdisciplinary*:     characterized by participation of two or
> more fields of study. :-)
>
> I will send you dirctly some more detailed notes.
>
> Regards Roland
Keith Richardson
IPM List Moderator
Head of ICT, Leibler Yavneh College