[Year 12 IPM] State-of-the-Art installations

Chris Valmadre chrisv at sjc.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 13 08:33:04 EST 2005

We are planning a new wing at St Joseph's Geelong. It will include some classrooms, an IT Admin Centre, Science labs and IT labs.

Our ICT Planning Committee is wanting to garner ideas for a technical setup that models best design and provides smart, efficient and effective integration of technology throughout the building.

We are unlikely, in the next 5 years, to ask students to provide their own laptops but I am looking for a design that provides immediate computer access within classrooms in unobtrusive, secure and tamper-resistant ways.

I do not want the technology to be in the way when not required but it should be rapidly deployed to all students within a minute of being required.

I am keen to hear suggestions (websites, printed material, personal ideas and experiences) and even keener to view any recently developed buildings, desktop designs, wireless solutions, integrated classrooms, etc.

Regards and Thanks

Chris Valmadre

Director of Learning Technologies
St Joseph's College Geelong