[Year 12 IPM] RE: Local Tech hours : number of computers : studentenrolment?

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue May 31 09:30:12 EST 2005

Hi Kathy,

 I am not sure if this is any help but about 2 years ago we had a "consultant" engaged to review our IT system at school. Amongst a few recommendations the advice was to consolidate all servers and server operating systems into one server which didn't make sense for us.
 However, she did quote an industry "standard" of 1 full time computer technician per 100 workstations. Based on that ration, we should have 2.5 full time technicians. In reality we have 0.9 technicians.
 Hope it is a start.

Regards
Kevork
IT Manager
Forest Hill College

>>> lewis.katherine.k at edumail.vic.gov.au 05/30/05 10:50pm >>>
Hi All,
Can anyone help?
I am currently researching on the ratio of:
local computer tech support hours/days per week/fortnight(not TSSP support),
the number of computers, and student enrolment in schools.
I would greatly appreciate any feedback relating to this matter.
Many thanks,

Katherine Lewis
ICT/Systems Manager
ARIES Instructor