[Year 12 IPM] Flash hotspots

Andrew Meyenn Andrew.Meyenn at wesleycollege.net
Fri May 27 12:20:07 EST 2005

Here is a simple idea

Make a movie clip as the hot spot e.g. use lasso tool on a map or
something to create a movie clip object. The include code like this:

on(rollover)
{
	this._width += 5
	this._height += 5
}

on(rollOut)
{
	this._width -= 5
	this._height -= 5
}

on(press)
{
	getURL("http://www.google.com")
}

The object will increase in size a bit on rollover making it 'seeable',
you coud do anything you like here to make it seeable.

Anyway just an idea.

Andrew

DiStefano, Carl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just been asked a question that has stumped me.
>
> I have a student who has created an image in Flash which she has
imported into Dreamweaver (so far so good).

> But she wants to put hotspots on the Flash Movie. I know how to
hotspot an image but does anyone know how to hotspot a Flash movie in
Dreamweaver?

> Carl Di Stefano
> Mater Christi College

Yes, the intelligence would need to be in Flash.

I guess you could try putting a Dreamweaver layer over the Flash, but
that would be difficult and weird.

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
IPM/IS Lecture notes: http://vceit.com

Gosh you're cute. Wanna buy a monkey?

Wesley College Melbourne is a world class coeducational independent school
developing the whole person through timeless principles of learning:
- to know
- to do
- to live with
- to be
with innovation and wisdom

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please email a reply to Wesley
College and destroy the original message.