[Year 12 IPM] Nested IFs

DiStefano, Carl DiStefano_C at MaterChristi.edu.au
Mon May 23 08:04:54 EST 2005

 I taught Excel for years as my software and after a while I started to
find that in an attempt to make my Outcomes work with a nested IF, my
Outcomes were becoming more and more mathematical and less and less
appropriate to the sort of student that I am getting in IPM.

It's a bit sad really because nested Ifs are such a powerful tool but
I've had to switch to Access because my kids get so lost in the IF that
they lose all sight of the rest of the software.

Carl Di Stefano
Mater Christi College

-----Original Message-----
From: ipm-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:ipm-bounces at edulists.com.au]
On Behalf Of Emma Coughlan
Sent: Friday, 20 May 2005 3:06
To: Year 12 Information Technology Processing and Management
Teachers'Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Year 12 IPM] Nested IFs

Thank you everyone for all the head aches err help on excel ;)

I am not the best at excel :( the Vlookup is different, I don't really
understand it, I think I will have to look at it over the weekend and
try to work it out.

I do like my nested ifs :)

Thanks for the help has certainly given my brain some food for thought
:)

Emma Coughlan
St Helena Secondary College
Eltham