[Year 12 IPM] IP&M, Identity Theft and You

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Mon May 2 19:49:16 EST 2005

Hello fellow IP&M teachers.

Here is an email I have sent to my students that I thought you might be
able to use.

One of the IP&M topics I want you to know a lot about is "Identity
Theft" - it is real, is happening to thousands of people, is creating
much distress, and you can play your part in reducing it.

I want you to research it by visiting this URL:

http://money.howstuffworks.com/identity-theft.htm/printable

Then I would like you to relate it to each of the 5 legislations that
are in our Course in Chapter 5 Potts. What are your legal and ethical
responsibilities, as a business ICT consultant to your parent's website
and business database, in 'preventing' identity theft?

Write your response in a Word document called
"preventing-identity-theft-yourname.doc".

Keith

Keith Richardson
Leibler Yavneh College
Elsternwick Ph (03)9528 4911