[Year 12 IPM] VCE ICT draft study design

tony at star.melb.catholic.edu.au tony at star.melb.catholic.edu.au
Thu Jul 28 14:14:29 EST 2005

Definitely sounds like it...

Seems the DB/SS skills component at Units 1 & 2 has been removed in favour
of web-based authoring & development with seemingly no continuity through
to the required DB/SS skills set at Units 3 & 4 .

It looks like they're trying to "popularise" the subject again through
multimedia and without undue emphasis on the "DB/SS student turn off factor".

Also, Unit 3 Outcome 3... working in teams.  ;-)

 From a quick glance it looks OK without going into "prescriptive" details.
May be tightened up a little there.
I agree with Mark - only one test option doesn't look good unless there's
some sort of plan to move to on-line assessment.

Cheers,
TJ

At 01:26 PM 7/28/2005, you wrote:
>Am I missing the point, but does the new study design seem to be
>deemphasising the use of Database/spreadsheet software in preference for Web
>author/multimedia/Programming software.  Units 1 & 2 do not seem to allow
>for development in Access and Excel or Project Management to lead
>effectively into Units 3 4 IPM.

_______________________________________
This email and any attachments may be
confidential and, if you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose or use the
information in this mail.  If received in error,
please notify us immediately and delete the
email and all copies.

The college does not guarantee that this email
is virus free or error free. Any attached files are
provided and may only be used on the basis that
the user assumes all responsibility for any loss,
damage or consequence resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether
caused by the negligence of the sender or not.

The content and opinions in this email are not
necessarily those of Star of the Sea College Inc.