[Year 12 IPM] 5, 000th Visitor to the 3in6 Schools Video Competition Website

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Jul 25 18:00:16 EST 2005

True, teachers shouldn't instruct students, just give them the creative room
to film, general supervision and support to move around the school. Last
year it was probably more exhausting to watch them hard at work. It is
perhaps as much of a journey as it is a competition.

I had some vague thoughts of doing some marking at the time and ended up
helping the media teacher sweep up broken glass and clean up his room as the
small team of year 9 IT students doing the filming worked around us. Like
other excursions, we did the official paperwork, organising for their
classroom release for the day.

Too many cooks spoil the broth so most actors ended up going back to class
after lunch whilst the editor and director finished the final cutting. I was
lucky to have a strong minded and visionary year 9 director.

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College
http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au