[Year 12 IPM] More Gantt / Pert Chart terminology

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jul 21 14:52:30 EST 2005

Absolutely beautiful Mark - but you forgot the following activities between Load Car and Drive

*
	Dad can't find car keys so goes to look for them (10 minutes)
*
	Load Dad into car
*
	Son realises he has forgotten his iPod and goes back to his room to get it (5 mins)
*
	Load son into car
*
	Meanwhile Mum realises she will never make the 25 minute drive unless she uses the bathroom first (another 5 minutes)
*
	While Mum is gone the dog crawls through a hole under the fence and jumps into Mum's seat, Dad catches the dog, puts it back into the yard and finds an old bit of timber to block the hole (15 minutes)
*
	Load Mum (now relieved) into car
*
	Load Dad (who is by now sweating profusely and needs another shower) into the car
*
	Dad goes to back out of driveway only to realise he is blocked in by a truck delivering bricks for the next door neighbour's renovations (12.5 minutes)
*
	Drive to game only to be late, unable to find a park (perhaps they should have caught the train!), and only to realise that their entry tickets are still sitting on the kitchen bench!

Questions - What is the total critical task duration now? Am I the only one who has days like this?

Sorry - my dismal attempt to match Mark's humour.

Cheers

Ros Meadows
Bentleigh SC
9579 1044
meadows.roslyn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au

"Furious activity is no substitute for understanding." H. H. Williams