[Year 12 IPM] Re: OT Kahootz, 7-10 IT and Has VELS got it WRONG?

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jul 13 14:12:01 EST 2005

CC'd to peter.maggs at actf.com.au

Peter Maggs wrote:

> 2. No Online Help
>
> The Kahootz pack came with the ‘Kahootz User Guide’ that provides
> detailed instruction in the use of Kahootz. Each Victorian school should
> also receive a ‘Kahootz Tutorial CD’ from DET early in Term Three that
> provides simple instruction in the basic Kahootz functions.

What is needed is context-sensitive help, tooltips, wizards, "Show me
how" etc built into the software.  You say the software is intended for
teaching young children, but there is no inbuilt help whatsoever: from
memory, not even the F1 key works!

Having help on a separate CD is a bit like keeping your car's airbags in
the boot of the car.

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204, Victoria Australia
Phone +613 95780844  Fax +613 95789253
http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com