[Year 12 IPM] CSS Critique Invited - to Laurie from Keith

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Tue Dec 27 23:33:39 EST 2005

Keith,

Thanks for the feedback - this site has been an inspiration! But if you
really want to see what you can do with CSS and a bit of design sense -
visit

 http://www.csszengarden.com

and look at some of the contributions. I hope you're using Firefox,
because 1) it is better with CSS positioning and background images than IE;
2) unlike IE it displays PNG files properly; 3) it has an extension called
"Web developer" that shows the blocks with their ids and classes and
will load the css file so you can examine the code (you need to install
it via the Extensions update tool); and, 4) it can use alternative style
sheets via the View menu (You'll notice my web_101 pages can be viewed
with alternate styles).

Best wishes,

Laurie

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 09:36:13PM +1100 or thereabouts, Keith Richardson wrote:
> Laurie - in one word: Beautiful, in two: Bloody Awesome!
> You have set me on a new path - thank you. I intend implementing these
> incredible Myer effects.
> Ciao, Keith
>

> On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:41:03 +1100, "Laurie Savage"
> <sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au> said:
> > Keith, I ransacked my archives and found the link to eric Meyer's demo.
> >
> > http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/complexspiral/demo.html
> >
> > --
> > Laurie Savage
> > Authority and