[Year 12 IPM] Re: raw xhtml, css, javascript pathway

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:51:06 EST 2005

http://users.tpg.com.au/billkerr/dylanWeb/howTo.htm

I've added a couple of HowTo new worksheets to my Dylan exemplar site, one
on thumbnail to full size image links and another about magnich soup
(magnich is an acronym for two HTML tags).

All menu links are now consistent throughout the site, some pages are styled
and some not yet - it's meant to show a development process as a model for
students to follow

Does anyone know of a good open source batch search and replace utility for
html files. It has to be able to replace multiple lines. Best done with a
flag at the start and end and replace everything in between. Something like:

start flag: <div id="menu">
insert: insert updated menu to all pages here
end flag: </div>

I've found a good commercial product that does the job nicely
http://www.replsoft.com/ufudnload.html
but have yet to find a good open source or free alternative
--
Bill Kerr
http://billkerr.blogspot.com/