[ESL] Timetableing ESL Classes

Tracy-Ann Stroud dolphindreamin at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:39:10 EST 2009

Hi Patricia

I do not know how other schools do this when they have such small numbers of ESL students.

At the schools that I have worked at as a relief EA, in WA; the schools actually have ESL classes set-up aside from the "mainstream" classes.         There are 3 classes; ranging from:-

1.) the 'children whom have little or no english'

2.) to the intermediary class, that they move onto as they progress,

3.) and then they move onto the final stages class, before progressing and being moved into the "mainstream.

I doubt that this has helped in your particular circumstance; but just wanted to add my "2cents", as to what I have seen and experienced.

Cheers
Tracy