[English] Study Design and Expected Qualities

Monica Cleary mcleary53 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:35:52 EST 2012

I first taught TEES, then TEER and now have TEEL thrust upon me. The S was
for 'significance' and the R for 'relevance'. These made straightforward
sense as a check that a point had been made. Unfortunately, TEEL has
allowed the misconception that the link should be forward to confuse both
students and teachers. The pieces that follow it without understanding it
raise a point, give an example, then make a link to the next point. Their
next paragraph begins by reiterating the linked point, giving an example
and linking to the next point... and so they go on. They're horrible to
read, as one's hopes are constantly raised, but there is no satisfaction in
reaching any conclusions throughout the writing... and they're repetitive.

Monica