[English] Dickens Micro-Documentary Educational Resource

Lucinda Horrocks lucinda at windsky.com.au
Tue Mar 27 11:39:03 EST 2012

Dear English edulists

I am a filmmaker. Last year my production company made a micro-documentary
about the history of the Dickens Readings. We made this little
three-and-a-half-minute film for love, not money, because we were interested
in the Readings and didn't know about them until we started doing
promotional work for a stage play authentically re-enacting Dickens's
Reading of 'A Christmas Carol.'

We think the film has potential for use as an educational resource,
particularly in this year, the bicentenary of Dickens' birth. We would be
very happy for it to be used and shown. I thought, as it is a free resource,
you might forward the link to any teacher networks/blogs/ resource
collections and let them know this film is available for use?

The film is up on YouTube now and is free for any audience, online or in
public, to watch. We have all the appropriate permissions to show it,
including one from Royal Holloway, London for use of the lovely Fildes
painting.

You are yourselves welcome to make use of the film your teaching/learning or
as part of an e-learning resource. If you know of others who would like to
make use of it, please feel free to share the link.

http://youtu.be/YV-OUWISmRI

With kind regards

Lucinda Horrocks

PS If there is anyone you think I should contact about this, I would be
happy to hear from you.

Lucinda Horrocks

Wind & Sky Productions Pty Ltd

Melbourne Australia