[English] VCE English Teachers and Coordinators

Mary Mason mary.mason at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 7 11:13:09 EST 2012

Dear VCE teachers

I am working with a group for the Department of Education on designing
course materials for Years 11 and 12 VCE English for State School Teachers.
We are also working on a site on the Ultranet for teachers new to VCE
English. This site will provide excellent materials for teachers; provide
opportunities for them to ask questions of experienced VCE teachers;
participate in a forum with other teachers; and opportunities to access
virtual discussions/lectures on aspects of the course. We are also hopeful
that there could be a forum on it for collaborative research for VIT
projects. We would like to have about 30 teachers from state schools ,who
are presently teaching  VCE, who would be willing to trial and help us to
build the site so it will be helpful for teachers. Participation  will count
towards professional development time and will, I think, be most
interesting. If you are a CRT teacher you are welcome to join as well. I
know it is difficult sometimes for you to pick up professional development
hours. Please contact me directly on my email: mary.mason at bigpond.com if you
are able to participate. The trial will be  in Term 3 and will  involve you
logging into the site, participating in some of the forums, and feeding back
to us your comments.

Best wishes

Mary Mason

Consultant to the Ultranet