[English] Context

Jill Morgan jmorgan at loreto.vic.edu.au
Mon Jul 30 14:42:16 EST 2012

Hi Gail,
While the students need to 'draw directly from at least one selected text' in their exam response it is really the key ideas about emotional connection to landscape that should be the focus.  We give our students a wide range of texts from newspapers and other sources to draw on and encourage them to explore ideas like the remembered landscape, dislocation etc.
I am sure if your students are producing rich writing which explores connection to place and its complexities then they are understanding this Context.
Best wishes,
Jill Morgan