[English] Text Choices for Yr11 Lit?

Alison Smith smith.alison.cl at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Jul 31 16:24:29 EST 2011

I'm at a large regional secondary college. I've had a lot of success with Anson Cameron's short stories in Nice Shootin' Cowboy (although, sadly, it is currently out of print). Last year I also did Lord of the Flies, King Lear (Because we could see it in performance), Toy Symphony (also because it was touring; it was fantastic), Far From Heaven (film text) and some Emily Dickinson poetry. I think I also used some short stories from Book of the Beach.
Cheers,
Alison

Alison Smith
Chisholm House Leader