[English] Text Choices for Yr11 Lit?

Alex NELSON SEA at wssc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jul 27 15:12:43 EST 2011

We do Edgar Allen Poe, A View From the Bridge  (as a sort of Views and Values study), Frankenstein (as a novel into film study), Midsummer Nights and a short story from Tim Winton's  "Minimum of Two" for the comparison task, and Chaucer's A Millers Tale for creative response. But nothing very modern in here...

Just went to a New texts for Year 12 English PD and was told Atwood's Cat's Eye, Carver's Will You Be Quiet Please and Things We Didn't See Coming, Steven Amsterdam (I think) would all work well for Year 11 Lit as well.

Cheers
Alex