[English] Things We Didn't See Coming

Debbie de Laps ddelaps at vate.org.au
Mon Nov 15 21:11:34 EST 2010

Hi Ben and others taking up this text for 2011
Steven Amsterdam is one of the guest speakers
at the VATE conference on 6th and 7th December, and there is also a workshop on teaching the text.
No doubt hearing from the author himself will be a wonderful resource for teachers. You can access
the program here: www.vate.org.au
All the best
Debbie

Debbie de Laps
Executive Officer
The Victorian Association for the Teaching of English
Carringbush
Business Centre
1/134 Cambridge St
Collingwood, 3066
tel: 9411 8500
www.vate.org.au

    Hi everyone,
  Our school is studying Steven Amsterdam's (brilliant!) book, Things We Didn't See Coming, in 2011 and we were looking for
resources and study guides.     So far we have the VATE Inside Stories booklet and the Insight English for Year 12 book
(by Beardwood).     Anything
else?     We're also doing: Twelve Angry Men – so any resources there would be great
too!     Cheers  Ben Langdon  English Manager  Portland Secondary College
Important -
This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us
and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited
to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of
the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early
Childhood Development.