[English] Unique perspective on WW1

Jacqueline Dinan eventive at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 25 21:04:04 EST 2010

Hello Teachers of English

A Woman's War is an Australian historical novel that would be beneficial to
students because it is underpinned by the chronology of Australia's
involvement and told by a mother on the home front. Since the book was
launched by Mrs Janet De Kretser, wife of the Victorian Governor, A Woman's
War has received favourable attention by mainstream and educational media.

Themes, issues and background information underpinning the story can be
explored by reading other complimentary and available resources including:
-teacher's notes,
-contributed articles and essays,
-media clips; and an

-author presentation.

A Woman's War can sit in between English and History as do My Brother Jack &
Fly Away Peter (without taking too much liberty on Johnston & Malouf). An
image of the cover is attached and for assistance, I am contactable on 0413
621 100 or eventive at bigpond.net.au

Kind regards

Jacqueline Dinan

Co-author