[English] Writing tasks

Neale Baker NBaker at sac.vic.edu.au
Thu Mar 4 11:14:20 EST 2010

We have also used 50 word stories but preceded it with 6 word stories (which leads to 12 word stories) and concentrated on word choice and the importance of precise, strong vocab'. Started with Ernest Hemmingway's example
FOR SALE.
Baby Shoes.
Never Used.
Another option is 6 word memoirs of their lives
The following sites may help
http://www.smithmag.net/sixwords/
http://vimeo.com/6161545
http://12words.com.au/
http://www.onefifty.com.au/

Neale Baker.
Year Nine Co-ordinator.
Sacre Coeur
172 Burke Rd
Glen Iris 3146
9835 2700

>>> Julie <bookjewel6 at gmail.com> 03/03/2010 7:27 pm >>>
Try a 50 word story competition...

Kindest regards,
Julie Squires

Sent from my iPhone

On 03/03/2010, at 2:40 PM, pcanavan
<pcanavan at msj.melb.catholic.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi everybody. We are looking to raise student achievement 7 to 12 in
> Writing. Can anyone suggest how we can approach doing this.
> Activities,
> competitions, all suggestions gratefully received. Trish
>
> --
> Patricia Canavan,
> Co-Ordinator for Literacy, ESL and International Students
> Mount Saint Joseph Girls' College,
> 133 Maidstone Street,
> Altona, 3018.
>
> Phone: 83982000.
>
> Fax:93983498
Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.
http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg

https://login.mailguard.com.au/report/1zoXrI4CkC/UQsl4QKMc2zxzlec37UcV/0

This email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information in this email. If received in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email and all copies. The school does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. Any attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the recipient assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email and/or attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of Sacre Coeur.