[English] Hey! Teenager of the Year

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Sep 2 16:55:41 EST 2009

Hi all,

As Judith (School Library Association of Victoria) notes here,

http://slav.globalteacher.org.au/2009/09/02/hey-teenager-of-the-year/

Vic teenager Steph Bowe maintains a *brilliant* blog regarding reading.

http://heyteenager.blogspot.com/

http://steph-bowe.blogspot.com/

Hey! Teenager of the year
September 2, 2009 by SLAV

When attending the virtual release of the Inkys longlist, SLAV "Bright
Ideas" met an exceptional teenager, with a brillant blog.

Focussing on books for teenagers, Steph Bowe’s blog "Hey! Teenager of the
Year" is both informative and inspiring. Steph has agreed to let the
readers Bright Ideas know a little bit more about her blog.

About me: I’m a fifteen-year-old aspiring author who lives in Victoria,
Australia. At the moment I’m finishing high school by correspondence,
because it allows for a lot more freedom with my education and I have
more time for reading and writing.

About my blog: I started Hey, Teenager of the Year in April as a way to
talk about books for teenagers.

My aims for the blog were mainly to talk about the books I love and get
to know other YA readers and writers.

I emailed authors whose books I love and asked if they’d be interested in
being interviewed, read and commented on the blogs of other teen bloggers
and gradually I got more and more readers – something that when I had
started, I didn’t expect at all.

Now, I regularly receive books for review, and through commenting on
blogs and writing guest posts more and more people discover my blog.

Because of my blog, I was asked to be an Inkys 2009 judge and I was
invited by author Susanne Gervay to the NSW Writer’s Centre Kids & YA
Festival.

--

Cheers Steph & Judith,

Stephen Loosley